- An assortment of vegetables to grill, my favorites are zucchini, squash, and fennel.
- Olive oil
for the dressing (enough for 4 people):
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 green chili
- a bunch of fresh mint
- a bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, ground in a pestle and mortar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt & a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Slice the vegetables to approximately 1/4 inch slices. Drizzle them with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill them for about 6 minutes per side if you have a hot grill. If you can adjust the temperature of your barbeque, then turn it down and grill the vegetables at a lower heat instead for about 10-12 minutes per side.
To make the dressing, finely chop the herbs and chili. Add them to the other ingredients and mix it all together. Taste the dressing, you might like to add a little more olive oil.
When the vegetables are done, mix them with the dressing and serve!