Dandelion leaves are bitter tasting, and beets are sweet. Combine them together for a delicious and healthy salad. This dish serves 4 people as a side salad.
- 1 bunch of dandelion leaves, rinsed then chopped
- 4 beets, roasted for 45 minutes at 400F, allowed to cool then peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- for the dressing mix 4 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lay the chopped dandelion leaves on a plate. Add the beets, my favorites are golden beets because their yellow color is so pretty on the dark green dandelion leaves. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top, then drizzle the dressing over everything, with salt and pepper to taste.