This is very easy to make and you can eat it warm or let it go cold, either way it’s scrumptious. It is enough for two to four people.
- 4 medium sized parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 free range eggs, beaten
- A splash of olive oil and a knob of butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Put the olive oil and the butter into a hot frying pan with an ovenproof handle (an 8 inch pan works perfectly for this amount). Mix all the other ingredients together and pour them into the hot pan. Cook for 5 minutes, then transfer the pan to the hot oven for another 12 minutes until the egg is set. You can serve the tortilla hot or allow it to cool before eating. It goes well with any kind of salad.