- As much as you can, avoid added sugar in your diet. One good way to do this is to completely avoid drinking sodas, or juices. Drink water, or some plain milk, or tea and coffee without added sugar. Eat the whole fruit instead of drinking the juice.
- Get lots of fiber by eating whole grains, brown rice, brown bread, etc. Most of the time, eat lots and lots of vegetables.
- If you want second helpings, wait 20 minutes and then you will find that often you change your mind.
- If you want a snack, eat a handful of walnuts or almonds.
- Walk for 30 minutes or more every day.
David Millett Publications