There is lots of sprouting beautiful broccolini at my Farmer’s Market at the moment. I bought a big bagful of the lovely green shoots this week, and made a gorgeous salad with it. This amount serves 4 people.
- 1 lb of broccolini
- Couple of handfuls of assorted mixed greens (lettuce, spinach, baby swiss chard, arugula etc)
- I teaspoon of balsamic and herb mustard (I used the delicious Napa Mustard Company variety)
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a salad bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar. Add the mustard, and salt and pepper. Mix it all together. Next cut off the thicker stems from the broccolini and then steam the vegetable for about 4 minutes until it is tender. Add the hot broccolini to the dressing and stir together. When it has cooled to room temperature, toss in the mixed greens and you have a really yummy easy to make salad.