- An 8oz jar of black or green olives with pits still in place
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper flakes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Rinse the olives. Grind the coriander and cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar. Add the peeled garlic cloves and roughly crush them. Mix the olives, lemon zest and juice, garlic and all the spices together in a bowl and add the olive oil. Cover and refrigerate. Leave for at least 24 hours. Then you will enjoy the tastiest garlicky olives, transformed from the ordinary into a gourmet delight! Enjoy!
Thanks to Mr. Sadtler for this wonderful recipe idea.