This Banana, Pastis and Coconut pie is easy to put together. The roasted banana, coconut and Pastis (aniseed flavor liquor) are a wonderfully delicious combination. And this dessert has no added sugar!
- 9 oz (250g) sheet of puff pastry
- 3 firm bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch (5mm) slices
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons pastis
- 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 2 oz (50g) finely chopped dates
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Put the bananas into a bowl with the lemon rind and juice, pastis, dates and coconut. Mix gently, then let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Roll the puff pastry into a square and lay in on the baking sheet.