Welcome to Your Care Plan a place for good food and healthy recipes and most of all just about cooking. Cooking is a journey. This means that like all good pastimes there is always another place to go. Take the first steps, make simple dishes, build confidence, and then you will make new discoveries of flavors and recipes for the rest of your life.
I am happy to share with you a collection of my favorite recipes, all of which are “no-added sugar.” Since I stopped buying or cooking with sugar I have tried to collect some of the best ideas for recipes that I have found. I hope you enjoy browsing through and trying them out.
Here are some simple habits to promote well-being:
- As much as you can, avoid added sugar in your diet. One good way to do this is to completely avoid drinking sodas, or juices. Drink water, or some plain milk, or tea and coffee without added sugar. Eat the whole fruit instead of drinking the juice.
- Get lots of fiber by eating whole grains, brown rice, brown bread, etc. Most of the time, eat lots and lots of vegetables.
- If you want second helpings, wait 20 minutes and then you will find that often you change your mind.
- If you want a snack, eat a handful of walnuts or almonds.
- Walk for 30 minutes or more every day.
Thank you for visiting and enjoy your path to healthy eating!