- 1 ½ cups red lentils
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly toasted and ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 teaspoons white miso
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and broken into bite-sized florets
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Put the olive oil, onions, garlic, chili, and spices in a large saucepan and gently soften the onion for about 10 minutes. Add the cauliflower. Mix the miso into the hot water and then pour the miso mixture into the pan. Add the red lentils. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes until the cauliflower and lentils are soft.
Enjoy the delicious soup!