This delicious plant-based lasagna serves 6 people.
- 1 14oz package of silken tofu
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 teaspoon of white miso
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- Black pepper and salt (to taste).
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 6- 8 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 16 oz package of flat tofu
- 1/2 cup of cooked kale
- 1 cup of cooked green or brown lentils
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
Put all the ingredients for the tofu ricotta into a food processor and combine until they are smooth and creamy. Put to one side. Make the tomato sauce by sauteing the onion, carrot and celery in the olive oil for about 10 minutes until soft, add the garlic then the tomato puree and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes until the tomatoes are breaking apart. Add the lentils and kale and if the sauce seems too thick add vegetable stock as needed.
Turn the oven on to 350F. Using a 9×11 inch dish, put half of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish, then arrange a sheet of flat tofu on top. Next spread 1/2 of the tofu ricotta on the tofu sheet. then cover it with another sheet of flat tofu. Then pour in the rest of the tomato sauce, cover with the remaining tofu sheets, and then add the rest of the tofu ricotta on top. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake for about 40 minutes until the tofu ricotta is set and the top slightly browned.