- 6oz dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (20ml) brandy
- 1oz pistachios
- 4oz walnuts
- 2oz almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Soak the apricots in the brandy until they are plump and hydrated – this may take a few hours or I find it works best to leave them overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Drain the apricots, and save the brandy for other cooking use – like mincemeat filling.
- In a food processor whiz the pistachios until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the apricots and blend until smooth
- Add the walnuts, almond flour and cinnamon, and blend again until the mixture resembles crunchy peanut butter.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper. Cut out the cookies. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cook before you take them off the tray.