This is another great recipe from my good friend Tom. He is a talented cook, always a creator of delectable food. Enjoy his easy to make and delicious, healthy soup!
- 2 garnet yams
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of green or brown lentils
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Peel and then cut the garnet yams into 1/2 inch cubes. Sauté the onion and celery for 5 minutes. Add the spices and salt. Add the lentils and vegetable stock. Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the garnet yams and cook for another 25 minutes or until lentils are cooked through and the yams are tender. Taste the delicious soup and adjust seasoning as you desire.