This makes a spicy side to roasted veggies for 4 people. I often serve it with roasted vegetables or cauliflower and chickpeas.
- 5 assorted peppers, chopped (spiciness to your taste)
- Chilli powder to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste (made by grinding up equal quantities of ginger and garlic in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- salt to taste
Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds, dried cumin and curry leaves. Add the chopped onion and salt. When the onions are softened add the turmeric. Next add the ginger/garlic paste. When the onions are lightly sauteed add the peppers. Do not cover with a lid. When the bell pepper is slightly cooked at the coconut powder, ground coriander and chilli to taste. Stir. You can also add cooked cauliflower, potato or green peas to this curry. Garnish with fresh coriander (cilantro) and serve with chapatis or rice.